View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
Recently, I changed my speaker cables from 20-year old Transparent MusicWave Super (bi-wired) cables to new WireWorld Silver Eclipses. There is no question whether the result was worthwhile; the improved clarity is really rather remarkable. However, in one regard -- what I'll call "fullness" -- my new sound is less satisfying. I am not about to return my new speaker cables, so I am asking my fellow audiophiles about the likelihood of being able to "have my cake and eat it, too" by now updating my power amplifiers.

At present, I use two 20-year old Krell amplifiers (the FPB 200C for left/right; FPB 250MC for center channel) to drive my Revel Ultima Studio and Voice loudspeakers. I recognize that Krell, among others, have made significant technical improvements in their amplifier designs and performance. Would Krell's new XD amplifiers provide a "richer" sound than my current models? Are there other manufacturer's amplifiers I should consider as upgraded replacements?
I just found myself in the exact same situation. I wonder if I would improve the bottom end of the overall presentation going from a 85W amplifier (4 ohms) to 150W