View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLuJr View Post
Really dislike those speakers! Why would they put an emblem on the front of a speaker that looks like something a little kid would draw?!? Definitely would have looked better with a "clean" front. No matter how many times I go listen to Focal at shows/etc I just think their is better speakers available for less or the same money. I know "better" is in the eye/ear of the beholder but never met someone blown away by Focal. I know they've had some really negative reviews when it comes to the tweeters but that could be due to that long break in period. Hopefully they finally stopped making the cabinets out of MDF, I think that would help them, always a complaint I hear/heard. They always have had a unique design that some people love, just has yet to do it for me. I'll keep checking them out at the shows to see if a new model hits it out of the ballpark though!
We must be listening to different groups of consumers then. I hear nothing but praise for the Focal "sound" and especially of the mids and highs. Having said that, there are definitely individual preferences for everything we have available to satisfy our passion for audio.

Honestly, I'm not sold on this particular design from the pictures. Can't wait for reviews from Munich.
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds