View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Retired

That's the key to being a good pistol shooter. Practice, practice, practice................ Good conditioning is another big plus. Just like any other sport. Any off-hand shooting sport requires the same. Benchrest does not require the same level of conditioning, but does require the same level of practice and dedication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Congrats on the mini-Palma match -- what was the weapon used? Bob
Thanks. Though I would hardly call it a waapon, any more than a racquet is in tennis or a putter in golf (though all could be used as such). I was shooting a Remington 40-X with the medium contour target barrel and Redfield International sights, front and rear with a Lee Shaver insert and RWS Rifle Target ammo. It gets pretty specific with rimfire rifles, as they only shoot specific ammo well. For instance, the next 40-X might shot the RWS poorly and like the SK or Eley ammo. Definitely 'horses for course' in rimfire rifle competition.

If anyone is interested in shooting rimfire rifle competition, the CMP is selling Kimber 82G rifles, with excellent iron sights, for $600 plus shipping. As they are military surplus rifles (though they are new and unused) so can ship directly to you and not go through an FFL in most states (no longer in NJ as of about 2-months ago).

Shot in our bullseye pistol league last night and shot a personal best for the year. Even managed to win the event. But, that was likely the result of the 90+ temp and the fact that I like the heat and my fellow competitors (11 of us - usually 18-20 when not so hot) seemed a bit wilted. Cools off a bit and I'll be back to mid-pack. Service rifle this Sunday. Thankfully, it starts at 8:00 a.m., so should only be 85, or so, by the time we finish.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 06-24-2010 at 08:28 AM.