View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 08:55 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
Do you have any first hand experience with the Greenlines or any other electric boats like the Azura Marine?
Absolutely none. But I do have 60yr experience of sailing/boating/ships experience and being a graduate level engineer know enough to live in the real world and recognize their current limitations.
Nothing at all wrong with the Greenline and Azura boats and I applaud their efforts and feel sure they will continue to get better as the technology of batteries, solar conversion & electric motors advance. They appear to be comfortable & well made, eco-friendly boats for those who never leave the sight of land. Indeed, they seem to be an economically viable alternative as a pleasure craft for landlubbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
East Coast.
Looking for a Great Loop boat.
Sorry......... I missed your "Great Loop" use. Could well be an excellent choice for same, though I would not want to do so in a 100% electric boat. Being stuck in port waiting for a part to arrive from Europe, even for a new boat, might get old. I would want to check out the drive system to insure it is made up with non-custom parts so they are more readily available.
Been trying to get my wife to agree to do something similar with a small diesel trawler-yacht, but she feels we are too old and would break down before the boat.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 12-19-2020 at 09:16 AM.