Thread: Journey
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 11:48 PM

The good news is that you really can't go wrong. All Shindo gear is very musical. Go with the combination that moves you and don't worry about where the amp/preamp falls within the Shindo lineup. One of the most enjoyable amps I've owned was the "entry level" Montille. That little guy swung like nobody's business.

One thing you may find is that after you get into Shindo the audio journey changes. Before Shindo I was constantly experimenting, changing out gear pretty regularly looking for audio nirvana. I've had my current set up (VR preamp and HB Amp) for several years and honestly do not give much thought to "upgrading" my system. My attention is now focused on the software side of things. Welcome to the Shindo family.
Speakers: Tonian classic 12 (PHY driver) and Hawthorn Audio Trios (Open Baffle). Analog Source: Nottingham Ana-log, Garrard 301. Tonearms: SME 312S, SME M2-12R, Nottingham Unipivot. Cartridge: Koetsu Onyx, Lyra Helikon Mono, Ortofon SPU Classic. Digital Source: Eastern Electric Dac +. Electronics: Shindo Vosne Romane Preamp, 45,2A3,300B,F2a,GM70 SET amps, Atma-sphere S30 OTL, Dynaco ST-70, Shindo Haut-Brion

Last edited by sibelius; 03-08-2015 at 11:55 PM.