Thread: Journey
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Welcome to the Shindo forum!

I know it is likely that you have already done so, but just in case, before you buy take some time and read through some of the threads in this forum. There is a wealth of information here. Many very knowlegeable, including the North American importer JH and many dealers often participate.

I see that the living voice speakers are quite sensitive at 94dbs. Did your local dealer think they were otherwise going to be a good match? Shindo really benefits from appropriately chosen speakers.

The Masetto preamp is supposed to be a stunning preamp, but don't discount the Aureiges MM as a first step as it really is a stunning premplifier. I started with an Aureiges preamp matched to a Cortese power amp and it was really quite astonishing. Good enough for a lifetime of listening. I am not saying the more expensive preamps are not better ( I now have a vintage Giscours). But the Aureiges is really really good and a lot less expensive. Personally I would prefer the Cortese over the Montille, but I really don't have any first hand justification.

Carefully chosen secondhand with legitimate origin ( originally from a North American Dealer to maintain availability of support ) is always another option.

SA