View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 11:53 PM

I skipped a generation and moved from a Sasha 1 to the DAW which, as highlighted, is not an insignificant change. Not only is the DAW a pretty large architecture and component departure from the Sasha 1, it's also a relatively easier speaker to drive. The Sasha 1 had a challenging minimum load at certain frequency ranges. It essentially took the bulk of the drivers from the W/P 8 and leveraged new cabinet design/materials (not insignificant either). If you're running a little light on amplification, you probably stand to gain some benefits in the lower end.

I feel Wilson has done a very good job getting the most of a speaker that fits the profile and footprint of this size before jumping to the larger siblings. I contemplated the Alexia 2 previously which I have thoroughly enjoyed demos of. In the end, I opted to maintain the existing cabinet size with the DAW and drive it with high quality components to get the most out of it. It's challenging to state whether the juice will be worth the squeeze for you personally, but I'm extremely satisfied with the upgrade. Good luck in your decision.