View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I totally agree with PHC1 and others who are poking fun at the scientific establishment.

I want to hear from them how mutation can produce a code. It is ridiculous to believe that the DNA molecule can be coded to contain genes without first the existence of a code. The DNA code is a highly redundant (as opposed to degenerate) elegant code that mitigates against mutation.

A code cannot exist by random chance. Why? There is an infinite amount of information. There is an infinite number of potential symbols to represent this information. Therefore, the probability by random chance (mutation) of representing an amino acid (the information) by a triplet of nucleotides (the codon or symbol) is zero. It doesn't even make sense.

But his doesn't deter physics or NASA because it is all about money and research grants. As far as a trip to Mars is concerned it is likely that a medical or psychiatric emergency would destroy the mission once it got underway.
Charles, I would not say that I am poking fun at the scientific community in general. I fully understand and support the need to research based on and off the very best evidence we have. In the absence of other evidence and science taking the stance that is completely atheistic and anti-extra-terrestrial, we come up with theories and try to make them fit the narrative and traditional teachings of scientists before them. Once in a while I guess it is necessary to try and modernize some of them...

I guess until we are faced with clear evidence that says otherwise, the bulk of the scientific community will keep on heading in that same direction. It may very well be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole but one has to admire their perseverance.

It is a good thing that we as a society do allow certain freedoms now to be able to explore alternate theories and allow for the possibility of extra-terrestrial life being out there. We may not be a lucky coincidence of life being sparked ON by some inorganic compounds forming into simple organic compounds and then through some incredible magic, forming complex life that evolves and keeps evolving...

At some point, even science may have to admit that the proof and the actual story of our creation has already been told but we simply refused to accept it. Oh well, we are a stubborn creation to say the least.