View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioFi View Post
Hi paltomare

I will let you know te result of this for sure.
I am curious if you have ever try to compare the native dac in the lumin t2 vs your venus II connected to the t2 by usb, using the streaming part of the lumin.

In many reviews the Venus II is described to have a sound quality, close to the Terminator.

Which option sounds better and what are sonic characteristics/differences?

Please let me know your findings.
Hey AudioFi.
The Venus is still on its way to me from Vinshine. I'm very much looking forward to getting that piece. I previously had an Ares II and was impressed enough to move up the Denefrips line. I did not try the Ares in the system that has the T2 but I did have it in my other system. The signal path was Auralic Aries G1 to Ares II via Toslink and to an Accuphase DP430 via coax. I could switch between the two with the input selector on my preamp. I also had a USB connection between the G1 and the Ares II. I found that I preferred listening to traditional jazz, and female vocal through the Ares, while I preferred rock, and electronic through the Accuphase. The Ares seemed to provide more air around the instruments, if that makes sense. I could hear the individual instruments more and vocals felt more in the room. The Accuphase seemed more dynamic and powerful. Not as laid back as the Ares. I'm hopeful the Venus takes what the Ares does even further. One thing to note is that the output from the Ares was hotter than the Accuphase. I would need to turn the volume down a bit to match that of the Accuphase. When the Venus arrives I plan to test it in the T2 rig before putting it the other system. For what's it's worth the Chord Qutest has grabbed my attention as the alternate DAC in the T2 rig.
Home Gym: KEF LS50W-II

Office: ZuAudio Dirty Weekend, BluSound Powernode, Schiit Mani, Fluance RT85, REL T/5i