Thread: French Steaks
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Retired

We did just fine with Comptoir du Marche and Bistrot d'Antoine and others. Wonderful, more traditional French food and wine from the regions in the south. And, as Nice was part of Italy on (mostly) & off until 1860 we also had excellent pasta dishes. The carbonara was the best we've had, plus excellent clam & other sea-food pasta. The local pizza was good, but the two times we tried it was slightly under-cooked by our standards. Moules were 'in-season' and fat & delicious. Pain, unfortunately, ran from poor to outstanding. Part of the 'EU effect', we think. We found the deserts we tried to be of the highest caliber. On our last day we had dinner on the beach at Beau Rivage. We went for the venue (another beautiful day - as were all our days), but the food turned out to be delicious, as were a couple of their wines. We found the bistro, etc., to be so good that we never got around to buying food at the Cours Saleya open-air market and eating on our balcony (other than millefeuilles & tea). We found their veggies, including potatoes, to be as tasty and well prepared as any we have had. Will post a few pic's once I download the camera (got home @11 p.m. last night). The one steak-frites I had was anything but memorable.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comptoir St Jacques.JPG (225.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg d'Antoine 3.JPG (224.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Beau Rivage 2.JPG (260.6 KB, 16 views)
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 03-20-2019 at 09:54 AM. Reason: add pic's.