Thread: Sepas
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 09:11 AM
Retired

OK............. nine of us gathered at Keith's place yesterday and not a picture was taken, which is too bad. Keith probably has 50+ pieces of vintage gear (3 RtR - Crown & a pair of Tandbergs), many Luxman, Hafler, etc. We listened primarily to a pair of Luxman MB-3045 tube monoblocks driving one of his renovated pairs of Dahlquist DQ-10. Source was a Thorens TD-125 with ZYX LOMC thru either his Crown preamp or my Ray Samuels F-117 phono preamp into Keith's ARC SP9 preamp to the MB-3045s. Also compared a Schiit Modi from laptop FLAC files to a CDP (think it was a Rega) to a Shanling M3s. To my ears, the FLAC files on the Shanling M3s provided the best sound, but we did not vote. We ended the day listening to Thain's partially restored Pilot EL34 amp driving the DQ-10. Great mid-range & bass from a 50yr+ old amp.

Attendees were Dave (Mikado463), Steve (musiqlover), Dan (DVass13) from AAf and Thain, Mark, Terry, Mike, myself and one more who escapes me without a pic to jog my memory. Good group and was nice to discover that the lead singer from the Go-Go's is actually a good musician on her own. Check out some of her non-GoGo work. Steve thinks he may be able to host us next go-round. If so, I'll post here when details are finalized.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-18-2019 at 09:27 AM.