View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 06:34 PM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torxx View Post
Very interesting video, just out of curiosity how basic a power cord was that with all the noise? is a comparable to one that you would expect to get from MacIntosh or similar manufacturers? If not have you done the same test with a stock power cord like that? Obviously it would be inferior to the Shunyata but maybe somewhat better than the one you demonstrated. I sure would hope so that was crazy. Do you work for Shunyata ? Great job ����
It was a stock and "generic" black power cord that is identical to the power cords that are provided for many, many components sold in the U.S. I think this specific cord was the one provided with my Schiit DAC. Having never owned any McIntosh products, I could not say if it was the same or not.

Regardless, any power cord that is not a "NR" –*noise reducing" power cord would conduct the same amount of noise, even my older Shunyata power cords, e.g. Venom 3 or Black Mamba.

No, I do not work for Shunyata; I'm retired, and the only professional work I do nowadays is professional real estate photography.
First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-Si Paramount Special Edition preamp, Conrad-Johnson LP70S amp, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore OpticalModule with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN, SOtM UltraNeo with Keces P3 power supply, Shunyata Omega & Sigma Ethernet, Alpha USB digital cables, Lampizator Baltic 3 DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Harbeth 30.2 or Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Alpha NRv2, Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, and Venom V14D power cords, Shunyata Everest 8000