View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 06:54 PM
Media Server Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
E.......I assume your post is addressing my questions, although I am not certain. So the bit-perfect ripping software resides on the SilenZio? Does this mean that all CD rips must use the SilenZio transport to take advantage of the bit-perfect archive to the hard drive? Is the ripping software dBpoweramp CD Ripper or some other software like Exact Audio Copy?
EAC. On Silenzio.

The transport is not the secret sauce for the archive-grade rip; the software is. Either EAC or XLD on MacOS are the only two, and both require some tweaking to get it done right. Por ejemplo: some clients have added a separate tower-type computer with many BD-drives to rip multiple discs at once. Those are your typical full-size tray-load type mechanisms. The Silenzio has a slot-load drive; entirely different animal, same result when configured properly.