View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Tony and Audio Lee. Thanks for the information and recommendations. I agree and find that switching iPad apps and music servers (minimserver or TWONKY) cause the hangs and lockups. Sticking with one configuration does make it work better. I will give JRiver and the remote control app a try in the next few days. I'll post my review of the player, although I suspect it will sound "amateurish" as I am inept when it comes to the language of audiophile reviews. One other question for you two: What were your experiences with any perceived break-in period required by the Lumin? Edit: I got JRiver and JRemote and they make quite a nice package. Now I just need to determine what sort of silent PC would be best to run JRiver on should I continue down this path.
BlueSky, sorry for the delayed response. I'm not sure I can help with your breakin question since I use a Linn, not a Lumin, but for what it's worth, the Linn sounded great out of the box but continued to improve for about the first 50 hours.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2