View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
I find it gets hung quite often and I have to either reboot the iPad or restart the music server to get things going again.
I'm using a Linn DS but supposedly the Lumin is built to the same protocols. I run Mininserver on my NAS and primarily use Kinsky on an ipad, but I have dabbled with jriver on a pc and jremote, and also with the Lumin app. I've found that switching back and forth between control apps and servers is what causes the hangups. If I switch back and forth between Lumin and Kinsky apps they can't handle the handoff and one or the other can lock. Best to pick one server and app and just stick with them and enjoy the music. I find minimserver with either Kinsky or Lumin work very well, as does jriver/jremote if you just pick one combination and stick with it. Happy listening, I'm interested in hearing how you like the Lumin player.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2