View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 09:01 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Even at sticker price G550s (and predecessors) have always seemed heavily over-priced to me.
The price differential between the E53 & E63 falls into the same 'over-priced' category.
Glenn - I've really never understood the G Wagon obsession....yeah they look kind of cool and all, but for what you get vs. the price/gas mileage, just doesn't compute with me. Maybe it's different in Europe or elsewhere, but down here in a city like Atlanta, it's purely 100% status symbol and nothing else. As for the 53 vs. 63s, that's the primary reason I went with the 53.....everything is identical except for the hand built V8 engine of course...which is a big deal. That being said, I just don't know what I would do with over 600 HP pulling up in the carpool line to pick up my 10 year old. I figured the E 53 would be plenty.

Bart - The 63s is beautiful, I spent a good 15 minutes sitting in the driver's seat. The beige interior is awesome on that blue color.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3

Last edited by audioguy3107; 05-31-2021 at 09:03 PM.