View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 04:21 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
I limp by with my lowly HW 16.5. I do recomment the MOFI sleeves. I do need to upgrade to a good ultrasonic system though. Standing there and cleaning a group of records on the VPI is hell on my lower back.

Still, it's gratifying to see the quality of the new vinyl is so vastly superior to the stuff from the mid '70's and 80's.
I had visions of a VPI Cyclone at one point, but I'm not playing records much, so I think I'll stick with my 16.5. Still going strong.

That said, I've begun to buy records again, despite having played very few in the last few years. Yesterday there was a guy selling records in a small park near my building. On impulse, I stopped and ended up with a sealed copy of Riding with the King and an old Georgia Gibbs LP, Swingin' with Her Nibs. The GG album will get cleaned, put in a Discwasher V.R.P. or Mofi sleeve and the jacket into a sleeve as well. The Clapton/BB King LP (didn't know it was 2LPs) will get the same treatment when I get around to playing it. For now it stays shrink-wrapped. The shrink wrap does have one torn corner, but I'm not concerned. The GG album has no sleeve, so it gets dealt with first.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 08-07-2022 at 05:40 AM.