View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 06:47 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Yes, reducing the impact of vibration will likely have a positive impact on audio quality.

Another footer that folks like are the ISOAcoustics GAIA series, and you can get these that are specifically designed for the weight of your specific component or speaker. I've been meaning to try these for some time, now.

Last, a vibration-reducing footer that I've also found works quite well in a fairly broad range of applications are the Herbie's Audlo Labs Tenderfoot. They're inexpensive at only $16/each, and they are quite versatile. I use 'em under my EtherREGEN and Keces P3, for example. Don't let their low price or appearance put you off, they are quite effective.
I've got a set of IsoAcoustics Orea footers under my TT and they are quite effective, but have not compared them to anything other than these cork pads https://www.amazon.com/Turntable-Equ...1&s=aht&sr=1-1.

Also, have Herbie's Tenderfoot pads between my monitor speakers and the stand and they do a much better job then the elastomer thingies (an audiophile term) that came with the speakers.

And, thanks for the reminder. Just ordered a set of Herbie's Booties to go under my phono-preamp.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 07-20-2022 at 07:27 AM.