View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
In my experience, the new Venom-X is better than the Delta Ethernet cable. The entire new Venom-X line is veritable breakthrough for cables, accross the board, doesn't matter what the cable is. Re-sets the bar, entirely.
Thanks for the tip on Venom-X! I started looking at the various Venom-X offerings and now I've got a shopping list started However, I had *just* bought a used set of WW Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables around the same price point as the Venom-X cables, so I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot on that one... anyway, I'm inclined to start with the Venom-X ethernet since I'm looking to pick up other upgrade cables as well.

Quote:
I don't agree with that notion and it's not at all consistent with my experience. The AfterDark LPS was specifically designed to power BOTH the EtherREGEN and the AfterDark Master clock. It is better-sounding than the (no longer available) Uptone LPS-1.2 that I used to use with my ER, and it flat trounces the Keces P3 (which I've come to the conclusion is a sub-par sounding LPS). Adding the Master Clock is a BIG upgrade.
Excellent, that puts my mind at ease. The AfterDark Master Clock + LPSx2 combination is very reasonably priced and completes multiple upgrade steps in a fell swoop, so I'll add that to my list as well.

Quote:
A great power distributor for the ER would be the Shunyata PS10. Unless you get a Denali, of course. The PS10 is what I use for the Uptone LPS-1.0 that powers my router, Sonore OM (OpticalModule) and my Mac Mini in the remote music server room (which connects to the main rack via optical fiber). It made a big improvement when I moved the remote server room devices from my old Hydra 4 on to the new PS10. Not subtle, at all.
Haha, I was hoping to not start upgrading the equipment in the music server corner of my listening room just yet... we'll see how long I can put that off