View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 12:02 PM

Default My new record acquisition regimen

I'm doing a cleaning session on a backlog of 45s I bought during the pandemic and figured I'd share my routine of new acquisitions.

New or used, records go into the KLaudio, generally a 3 minute wash and 3 minute dry cycle. If they're older records I may crank the wash cycle up to 4 minutes, but I don't buy beat up records so that's a little rare but a longer cycle helps with 50+ year old vinyl.

For 7"s I use Sleeve City's standard 7" poly lined inner sleeves, if the record was bought in a plain white sleeve that's the full treatment it gets. If it came with an original label sleeve or pic sleeve it goes into a Sleeve City 2.5mil outer. I've got some samples of their Diskeeper inners but haven't ordered any yet.

For 10"s they go into Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile inners and whatever generic outers I picked up from a record store.

And lastly 12"s go into MoFi inners and either the Sleeve City 2.5 mil outers or the 5.0 mil gatefold outers.

I generally try to add anything new into my Discogs collection as well, but sometimes if a record has had 75 pressings I just give up as it can be a hassle.

I'm interested to hear what others do with new acquisitions.