View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post

I'm asking a really simple question: do they know about this failure mode from SMPS and are they mitigating it? Are they even measuring it? Because how to meausure it is not obvious, nor is it easy to do. And, it does have an impact on digital music reproduction.

Stephen, I really don’t have an answer to your question, I don’t know if Linn is measuring leakage current. They have published a fair amount of information on their power supply designs which can be found through an internet search. I’m also sure Linn would respond to the question if asked. Having said that, I’m afraid the technical aspects are a bit beyond my grasp, I only know what I hear and what others have reported hearing - their systems sound great. Whatever they may or may not have done about measuring and addressing leakage current, either they’ve addressed it effectively, or it doesn’t have a meaningful impact in their equipment, or the other advantages they have created with their design offset it.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2