View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Ear 1977 View Post
Daveneumann: did you notice an improvement in the bass (more authority/weight) when you went from the X250.8 to your X260.8's? I have the X250.8, and the the bottom end seems a little 'polite' to me. Not lean, just not very assertive. Maybe it's just that my last long-term amp was a Krell FPB 400cx, and those golden era Krells kind of set the bar. I'm about to pull the rigger on an upgrade to the X260.8's. (Wilson Sophia 2's, ARC Ref 5se)
Sorry to let this sit without answering. I've had the X260.8's for well over a year now and continue to love them. Compared to the X250.8, they produce a bigger, wider and more 3D soundstage,. There is greater separation and clarity of images. Voices just sound even more realistic. Sweeter string tones. Drums appear to have more body and tone. Overall greater detail.

I did not notice a big difference in bass depth or impact. But in my system, the 250.8 did pretty good in that area already.

Bottom line, it was a worthwhile upgrade for me.
SF Stradivari, Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp and Super KT Parallel amps; Pass XP 27, Raven One TT, Graham Phantom II arm, Lyra Etna Lamda, Airtight PC1, Bryston 3.14 DAC, Transparent Reference & Wireworld, dedicated treated room 17 X 34 X 9