View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 03:48 PM

If cost is a consideration, you might also take a look (or listen) at Revel Studios. I have the original version, which has an aluminum tweeter (the 2 has a beryllium tweeter). Together with the Krell (Class A) amplifier and Transparent Super cables, I am very pleased with the sound. I am intending to upgrade my speaker cables soon, as mine are 15 years old and that should be the most inexpensive way to -- hopefully -- improve the sound further.

Main System: Theta Casablanca IV preamp/processor; Wadia 8 CD transport and Digimaster DDC 2000 DAC (w/all updates); Theta Compli CD transport; Oppo UDP-203 disc player; Lumin T2 music server/DAC; Roon Nucleus+ core (w/Teddy Pardo LPS); SOTA Sapphire turntable (w Premier FT3 arm and AlphaGenesis 1000 MC cartridge); SugarCube SC-2 non-destructive "click and pop" removal device; McCormack Microdrive phono preamp; Magnum Dynalab MD-102 FM tuner (w/MD-205 Signal Sleuth FM antenna amplifier and ST-2 FM antenna); Krell FPB 200C, FPB 250MC, and KAV-250 power amplifiers (2); Revel Ultima Studio (2 - L&R), Voice (1 - center) and Embrace (4 - surround) speakers; Revel Sub-30 (2) and Velodyne MiniVee 10 (2) powered subwoofers; WireWorld Silver Eclipse speaker cables; various Kimber Kable, MIT, Shunyata, and WireWorld interconnects; Shunyata Denali 2000/T and Denali 6000/S, Hydra [original], and Hydra 2 power conditioners; various Shunyata PowerSnake, Sidewinder and Venom power cords and Venom Defenders; Richard Gray's Power Company Substation; ExactPower EP-15A voltage regulator; Luxul AGS-1024 Ethernet switch; Sound Anchor amplifier stands (2); and Billy Bags equipment racks (3).