View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA
Joe, you had Bur 077+ext PSU before right ?
How do you feel the need for ext PSU ? Is it worth the $$$ ?
Thanks
Hi TOGA,

That's tough for me to say. I've only had the external power supply version. I have not tried the one with internal power supply. My gut tells me the ext. ps adds a lot more regulation to the unit giving you better control. I agree that the 077 w/ ext ps + 911 can be too much on some speakers. I will tell you my stereo 911mk3 that I sold to get my mono amps was much sweeter than my current mono amps. I have a feeling it is related to bias. My stereo 911 ran warmer than my current monos. If I could get back that amp I would do it in a heartbeat. That's how good it was and was beautiful with my 077. My monos not so much.

I may have solution for you if you like the 911 but want a little warmer, less sharp sound. Can you get Pass Labs gear in your country? Try a Pass XP-30 with your 911. I am listening to one now with my monos and it will take about 5 days to settle down and break in, but I can tell right now it is awesome. It's giving me what I want. One difference I notice is I feel like I am back a few rows listening. I do not mind the perspective and it may change. I need to wait the 5 days. Right now I love it but will say more in a few days when it's on the TADs.

Last edited by joeinid; 08-31-2012 at 11:08 AM.