View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
That was some time ago Terry. I’ve owned many different toys over the decades. The GT-R was a very impressive car, very capable but like most modern cars, unless you are cracking triple digits, it feels like it’s standing still. The 3.0 sec 0-60 launches got old after a few tries as the stomach would be somewhere near the throat In the end I was impressed but not moved. I enjoyed the Audi R8 V-10 with a gated manual much more after the GT-R
V10 with the gated manual. That's a fairly rare car and a hoot to drive I'm sure. I have two fun cars I'll be keeping for awhile. I do have a 2022 RS6 on order to add. That will give us a fun car that can carry more than two people and also will be a long term auto for us. Neither of us commute, so our miles do not pile up. We have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit that has been our everyday vehicle, but it is usually dirty as I take it to the range twice weekly which involves a good 3/4 mile of dusty dirt/gravel each way. The RS 6 will get some more use for my wifes yoga class and my errands.

Getting back to bikes and Honda. A good friend called me last night excited as he had just bought a 1990 RC30 with only 3000 miles from the original owner. It had been lovingly kept in his home the last 20 years, drained, lubed, and plastics removed and wrapped. To say my friend is over the moon would be an understatement.

Terry