View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 03:30 PM

John,

Congrats on the Sopra No3 purchase! I bought a pair of Sopra No2's when they first became available and am in love with them, no plans to replace them anytime soon! I have paired them with a pair of JL Audio F113V2 sub woofers.

My dealer recommended that I start off driving them quietly, with material that had little bass for the first few dozen hours, slowly increasing the power I delivered to them until I had about 100 hours on them. I followed his guidance.

I had my Sopra's for about six months and one night (listening to orchestral music) it hit me that these babies had really "settled down" and sounded more "relaxed".

As for placement, I think you just need to experiment with them. I have mine with a lot of "toe in" and they have that "performer in the room" sound stage.

Excellent choice! I hope you enjoy your new speakers half as much as I enjoy mine!
McIntosh C2500 pre amp, MC452 power amp, Autonomic MMS-5A server, PS Audio P15 power plant, DirectStream DAC, DirectStream CD transport, Focal Sopra No2 speakers, JL Audio F113V2 sub woofers (2), Sennheiser HD800 headphones, Dell laptop iTunes/Tidal/Roon, Wireworld cabling