View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottikid View Post
Well I got a phone call from the dealer today and my speakers are due in sometime next week. I just can't wait. I will keep everyone posted. I will probably have a lot of questions about placement and trying to incorporate my M & K sub. What should I set the Low Pass Filter to. Another question off the top of my head what settings should I use for my Marantz AV Processor. Crossover for the front speakers 250hz goes to 40hz. Also Bass Sub Woofer Mode: LFE + Main or just LFE. The settings for LPF for LFE goes 250hz to 80hz. I appreciate any guidance. The Marantz AV Processor also has Audyssey which I will run for Home Theater. The processor also gives me the option to bypass all settings using Direct or Pure. I will see what give me the best sound when just listening to music. I really don't understand what to set the crossovers at. I really appreciate any and all help you guys can give me. Also could you please explain say why 250 or let's say 120 or even 40 is better. I realize to get the most out of the Sopra No 2's, I need a much better Pre Amp and Amp. I figured I would buy the best speakers I could afford that I loved and upgrade the other equipment a little at a time as I save or better yet hit the lottery. I will be eating a lot of Mac and cheese and pizza for a very long time. I figured I would start with the speakers because they are the most important. I would sincerely like to thank everyone for all there help. I have been going through some really tuff times and my music is the only thing that is holding me together along with my Rotties. I look forward to hearing from you gentleman. I have learned a lot from reading this forum.
I auditioned the Sopra 2's with a MAC 452 (can't remember which MAC pre) and am driving them with a pair of Bryston 7BSST2's at home. Currently running my Esoteric K-05 directly to the 7's balanced and will use a BP26 pre once setup in the permanent room. Both setups sound equally marvelous. I'm partial to the Brystons and prefer the less rounded upper end but that is just a personal choice as they were just as thrilling with the 452. I highly recommend either amp(s).