View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclearspot View Post
I spent a few months listening to 1038BEs,Bw802,803, Totem Element Metal, Sonus Faber OlympicaIII. At the end it was 1038s,803d and the 7T. I decided the Focals were a little bright and were too tall. I bought the 7Ts and still have them and enjoy them. However I've had them for a while and sometimes I think I have a fever and it isnt for more cow bell. The cure isnt new speakers, its taking the socks off and listening to the 7Ts. I did look longingly for several days at Ivans Canton K3s though
Thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing the chains on which you demoed the Focal Electra 1038 Be and the Aerial Acoustics 7T? Were the demos on the same chains in the same room?

I've heard the 7T now in three different rooms, a couple at a dealer and one at a friend's house. They sounded great in the dealer and horrible at my friend's house (vs. his other KEF speakers there), enough to turn me off of the Aerials for a long while. During that time I had a favorable demo of the Focal Electra 1028 Be on a Luxman integrated at another dealer, even listening on poorly recorded rock/punk at ~90dB average SPL measured at listening position. Haven't heard the 1038 or any Electra in-home however.

Last edited by zonto; 07-17-2020 at 05:20 PM.