View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Did you move up from Plus? I had an in-store Gen 5 comparison with Plus and Super IC, and the difference didn't seem that big. The Super was a bit more dynamic, perhaps. But, it was unfamiliar equipment, so that may have skewed things. I do have Gen 6 Plus speaker cable and like it. Gen 6 may be a different beast, though. I also compared Gen 5 Plus speaker cable to Kimber 12TC, and preferred the Plus by a hair. Other than being a bit smoother on top, the Plus sounded the same as the Kimber to me. I remain curious about the Super, though I can't go there right now.
Hi Prepress

YES. That was many years ago. I still run Plus level in my Lynn / Vandersteen 1C system in my smaller room. Back then I learned the Plus is very detailed, but the Super has a blacker background. Also from top to bottom octaves, the Super is more neutral.

Going from Gen 1 to Gen 6, most noticeable difference is more "weight". So I hear more accurate sound pressure from the speakers with better signal transmission through the interconnect / speaker cable chain. The comparison descriptions are through my Classe preamp/ Simaudio Moon W5 and Vandersteen model 2 speakers.

My two systems react differently to cables. My living room system is more picky. You really have to audition with your own equipment to best determine if the upgrade / investment will be meaningful to you. Authorized Transparent dealers usually allow this. Unless you can justify the investment by sound improvement, I can't recommend. I am happy with my upgrades.