Thread: Nice Cans?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 11:28 PM

For wired - I love the Meze Empyrean paired with something like a Chord 2Go/Hugo2 combo. Portable-ish and sounds sublime. Detailed without fatiguing - and this expansive soundstage that spreads the performers wider than the ears.

For wireless - I am not very keen for those with captive batteries - even though I own a few. From the cheapest - Xbox, PS5 Pulse, B&W PX - the PX sounds decent especially through the wired connection but if you want wired, the Meze Classics 99 sounds much better. The PX does offer a (reasonable) level of noise cancellation but not as good as the Bose or Sony.

My main gripe with these wireless headphones is - what happens when the battery no longer holds a charge.

The solution - a Shure 846 (or any of their in ear monitors will work) plus the Shure True Wireless Adapter Set which adds wireless functionality to the really good set of in ear monitors.

HiFiMan has a similar approach to their wireless as well - with a plug in adaptor