View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottikid View Post
I have the Sopra No2’s in a room that 20 x 24. The speakers are on the long wall about 10 feet apart. I play them literally at concert levels and they are simply amazing [emoji6]. The 2’s are more than enough. I suggest you go see the two speakers standing next to each other. The 3’s take up quite a bit more space. You can’t go wrong with either one you choose. Good luck. [emoji106]
Jim
Many thanks! Really not interested in the 3s anyway-- I'd get a little too much heat from Mrs Moonhawk. I probably wouldn't care for the size either. This is our living/kitchen/dining area, and they are in front of large windows with a great view of Santa Fe, The Pecos, and the Jemez mountains where Los Alamos is. Too nice a view to block.

I haven't even heard these speakers yet. They had a pair in Albuquerque at Listen Up, but when I got down there to check them out, they were gone. They had been damaged in shipping, and the insurance company came and took them away before I got there.

Someone apparently ran a fork lift into them.

Anyway, I might have to drive to Denver or Phoenix to hear them. The only other speakers I've auditioned are Magico S3 mkIIs, which were killer, but for the price of them I can get the 3s, the Sopra center, Bipole surrounds, and a pair of Fathom 112s.

Last edited by moonhawk; 03-11-2018 at 01:02 AM.