View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 11:49 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Stephen, It’s just a question of overall quality and for me, one of curiosity.

Of course SQ must be there but in the world that Constellation plays, it should be built to the highest standards.

That has been called into question elsewhere.
Yep, I know, Craig. I get it. I've seen the comments, too. No worries.

One of the things, though, as I've gotten older and most importantly, wiser, is I've learned is to not to...erm, "get bent out of shape" (not sure if that's the right catchphrase) about things that may be "statistically significant", but are not "practically significant". Because in the real world, 95 times out of a 100, it is only what is pratically significant that matters.

And, I've been in this oft-wacky world of audiophile la-la land long enough to know, that guys being guys, they often obssess about things that are only statistically significant, but not practically significant. An example might be the extraordinarly high level of finishing we see under the hood in the motor compartment of those really tricked out hot rods that Dave Kindig makes for Bitchin' Rides.

But, are they really more durable (and reliable) than the much plainer appearing parts in engine bay of my Acura TL Type S? Nope.

So, my personal view is one that is practically significant: if it works and doesn't break, and it sounds fabulous, I don't sweat it. Life's too short at our collective median age to fuss over what is only statistically significant.

I just enjoy listening to it. I don't care about "bling", just sound. The inside of Nelson's First Watt amp is a good example.

And the Constellation sounds fabulous. Having built one of Nelson's DIY amps, I'm sure the First Watt does, too.

Just my 2¢.

Cheers, mate.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-10-2021 at 12:29 AM.