View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jerome.......You are welcome. I did not know you lived in Montreal.

My Simaudio MOON Neo 260D transport break-in is progressing nicely. I have 152 hours on it at this time. Yesterday I swapped the Wireworld Silver Starlight digital coaxial cable between the 260D and the Yggdrasil DAC for a Wireworld Gold Starlight balanced AES/EBU digital cable. It is brand new, so I am going to let it get a hundred hours or more on it before I make a direct comparison of it against the Silver Starlight coaxial cable. Right out of the box the Gold Starlight AES/EBU cable sounded very good. This morning, with 23 hours on the Gold Starlight, it continues to sound wonderful. The Simaudio MOON Neo 260D and Yggdrasil DAC with the Gold Starlight AES/EBU digital interconnect make a very formidable digital source. I am extremely pleased with the sound of this combination.

Great news Dan !
I will also be very curious to read your impressions comparing the 260DT with your streamer.
I bought the 260 for only one reason. With all my former speakers, I was not able to hear clear differences between my drive and my streamer into both the McIntosh MDA1000 dac or the AMR DP777.
With my Altec based speakers, I do hear a slightly more musical sound when using my drive ( Meridian 500 ) which is excellent but getting a bit old.
So I wonder how the 260 will perform against my streamer.