View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:16 PM

In 1977 I was checking out all the available equipment. Visited all the area shops. I made my final decision on the system I wanted about a half dozen times. Don't know why, maybe someone suggested, I stopped in to Steketee's Audio on Fulton Street. Still remember to this day. Salesman Mike Brouwer. Smart salesman, set me up with a credit account right away. Great for them, costly for me. I made a deal on a Stereotech receiver, ML10C speakers, and a Philips GA212 table. I returned that doggone Stereotech about a half dozen times in about a 3-4 month time frame for a channel blowing out. Ended up with full credit and replaced with a C-26 pre-amp, MC2100 amp and a MQ-102 equalizer, and never looked back. Not long after I added a JVC tuner which served admirably, and is still in top condition, but I always wanted a McIntosh tuner. Earlier this year I added a MR77 tuner and upgraded to a MQ-101 equalizer. And a MAC1900 a few months ago. Thought about a MC2105 amp for the cool meter effect, but my 2100 is in such great shape it didn't make good fiduciary sense.

Happy dude to say the least.

Just to mention, when I purchased the JVC tuner I also added a JVC 8-track player to the mix. Still have it in like new condition. I had it cleaned and oiled about 10 years ago. First tape I put in played for a minute, then was eaten. I think they got brittle and the silver connecting tape lost it's tape-ness. But it's still a piece of my audio history and has a cherished place along side my other equipment.