Thread: LB200 Light Box
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
This is a terrible idea. It’s insulting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
I disagree. I wouldn't buy one, but for some Mcintosh fans it might be an excellent addition to their system. If anything it would be a cool night light.
JBT, you may have heard the saying "wealth whispers" or "new money shouts, old money whispers"--this is the point being made by those who say this (large logo billboard) cheapens the brand. BTW, it's similar to the disdain for meters with no level control on the new tuner. People with an old money or wealth sensibility do not want large logos or meaningless meters. To those people, these things suggest showing off or a need for others to see how much has been spent. This display of need is a display of weakness, not strength. A plain black box is actually worth more than a "MCINTOSH!!!" black box.

I am not opining here on which sensibility is better or worse, only highlighting that both sensibilities exist within the McIntosh customer base.