View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 03:32 PM

I didn’t get a chance to audition any of the Karan gear….I bought them on faith of their reputation, the sincerity of the original owner who was 3300 km (1670 miles) away and fingers crossed. The original owner, who’s picture is probably in the dictionary under audiophile, discussed in depth with me, my system, and if these would be right for me. Better than I could have imagined. Truth be told I wasn’t even looking for monoblocks as I was happy with my Accuphase….but he was moving and made me an amazing offer…so I upgraded without a chance to think about it.

My Cremonas sound huge with the Karan…and the one review for their monoblocks is right on the money about grip, warmth, massive holographic soundstage.

Next step, like yourself….if I can get a bigger listening room…would be to find a larger set of SF speakers….some Amatis would do me just fine!

Have fun auditioning your choices of monoblocks and let us know your thoughts.
Ps …the difference, for me, between stereo amps and these monoblocks is the extreme separation between channels…I thought at one section of a song one of the amps shut down….but no..it was just the recording….