View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 01:09 PM
Member of the Music Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBBR View Post
I had been running my Cremona M’s with an Accuphase E530….it was very enjoyable until………the Karan KA ref mk3 pre and KA M 900 monoblocks took over last week It is now a completely different and very wonderful presentation…the Cremona M’s seem like they have tripled in size….with a large enveloping soundstage and the bass grip of a much larger speaker….I’ll post a pic when I get my new stands….needless to say I am extremely happy with the Karan system.
Thanks for sharing your impressions! I'm thinking of moving to monos to drive my Elipsas, on my shortlist the Goldmund Telos 350s or 360s to stay in the same stable, or some Burmester 911s mk3 (I really like those), or a pair of Pass 60.8s (different approach). I also envisaged some Spectrals. But now I'll have to check the Karans as well, I understand even the 400s and 600s are quite good, have you had a chance to audition those before settling on the 900s?

Btw I also (still) have a pair of Cremonas, which my Elipsa replaced in the main system, and because I'm having a hard time parting with them I moved them to the bedroom system, so I can look/listen at/to them every evening and every morning, when I'm not looking/talking at/to my wife

Enjoy your nice system
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser