View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 05:20 PM

Hey Dan -- I'm doing it this weekend. I had to get a lot of hardware out of the way and cables mapped out first before getting too deep into this one. Plus reading up on the specifics of cable type (null/straight through DB9) and then getting my old laptop with a serial interface that I keep for just this one purpose ready. I'll post more about the specific issues and whether or not it fixed them - I am optimistic though.

@DIGIHIFI -- Some friendly advice: You should get the FW from Krell via a Krell dealer. They need to know your serial number, EEPROM version and FW version. I've heard of people "bricking" their units by putting a FW meant for a different unit. You will need to know how to use serial db9 connections as an update interface. I've done this a few hundred times on various devices, so I'm comfortable doing this and have the gear to do it. It's not a simple update like putting FW on a USB stick and selecting "update" via the settings menu (there aren't any USB connections on the S1200U 3D anyway).

Also, would you mind explaining in further detail what's wrong with your unit? You said it locks on in 3 seconds -- that's about normal for the unit - it's not crazy-fast in locking in on multichannel audio. What steps have you taken to troubleshoot your issue? It might be something else that can be fixed without the risk. -- There's always a risk when updating FW on non-volatile EEPROM's. You have to ask yourself if the risk is worth the fix and be sure that it's not something like a HDMI cable behaving badly or something about your source device. Just saying, I don't take flashing FW lightly and it's a last resort kinda thing.