View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 12:43 PM

Like many before me, I have 3 dedicated CKTs. Two 15 amp & one 20 amp CKT. The 20 amp CKT provides power via a PS Audio outlet to a Shunyata Hydra for the amps. Very good results. Then one CKT goes to a PS Audio outlet to a voltage stabilizer and AC line conditioner that powers the processor and all the front end equipment. The last CKT goes to a PS Audio outlet and an AC line conditioner and powers the subwoofer and smart lighting system. When I originally set it up, the amps were in the line conditioner. The stabilizer could keep up with the amps once powered up. However, their start up current gave me issues which is why I ended up separating them. I had the amps plugged into the wall. A surge caused 2 of my Hi-Fi Tuning silver supreme fuses to get smoked. That's how I ended up with the Hydra. I am very happy with the performance of the Hydra. To that I will ad one caveat. The Hydra required a 20 A EIC. I used one of those adaptors. The sound went all lean and glassy. I sent the mains line back to the OEM and had them install a Wattgate 20 A EIC and as stupid as that sounds, brought the base back.