View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 PM

Thumbs up ALL Nakamichi owners, show your decks!

Please post a little story about your first/past experiences with Nak cassette decks, whether they were yours or not, and post up some pics if you got 'em! I'll start...

I've always been a big fan of Nak decks ever since I was a little kid. My father had both a 681ZX and 682ZX. I used to love sitting there watching those highly active meters bounce around along with the peak hold segments trickle down.

Then when my oldest brother came back from the Army, last stationed in Germany, he brought back a BX-1, BX-125 and the Dragon, as well as a Harmon/Kardon CD491. He still has a Nak DR-1. Again, I really enjoyed watching the highly active and responsive meter on that Dragon. Boy that thing moved fast!

For me, I just have an LX-3 and RX-303. Not the TOTL Naks, but both still sound excellent and perform flawlessly. Fortunately, I have a full library of excellently recorded cassettes from my brother that he made on the Dragon. The really cool thing about these tapes is the "art" that he did on them, making them look just like the actual album art. (He did drafting and such in the Army).

A few pics...

RX-303 Auto Reverse in action...

This is just a small example...

Last edited by chops-tube; 07-17-2013 at 02:02 PM.