View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezaks View Post
Krell uses the ARES (Automatic Room Equalization System), which can be programmed to only affect lower frequencies, if preferred. Information can be found on the Krell website.

I don't believe the Cinema 12 has any Auto EQ system. They have an auto setup that sets the delays, distances, and levels, but as I understand it, it doesn't work that well. I think even the Cary manual recommends manual setup.

Dave
You're right Dave, the Cary manual does in fact recommend manual setup. Another thing that I found odd is that with the auto setup, you have to set full range speakers to small otherwise you loose the subwoofer. That makes no sense at all; its a completely separate channel. Luckily there was no mention of this in manual setup so I went ahead and set my mains to full and the sub was left in tact. The Cary isn't without its peculiarities.

Krell has always been a shining star of mine, hence my interest in the Foundation. State of the art audio processing (especially with movies for me) seems to be on their resume.

Last edited by Sonic; 04-12-2013 at 01:27 PM.