Thread: Studer B77 MKII
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
Myles...Yes I love the smaller footprint of the Technics & the prospect that it can be specked up to around that of a pro machine. Exceptional playback & record is what i will care for most but I am curious as to what level of playback control they came out with....I believe that there is a remote control option? (I wonder if Jeff could do a 5v/12v trigger jack as part of the customization...)
Yes but they're rare and will run a couple of hundred dollars on eBay. But didn't Jeff say on his website that he's building a remote control for the decks too?

Quote:
I'm not sure about memory counter queuing on the Technics? Am I correct in saying that it has no or just basic queuing features only? I suspect it doesn't have a light sensor/rewind slow either like a Studer has?
Mine doesn't in part because disconnected the memory counter. And mine doesn't have auto rewind either. The only Technics that I know of that has auto rewind is the 1700 and that's 4 track only, unlike the 1500 (and 1800?) where you can playback 2 and 4 track tapes.
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.