Thread: Studer B77 MKII
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy

Steve.......I have a Revox B77 Mk2 with 1/2 track heads. It is an excellent reel to reel tape machine. I record using 7 1/2 ips, and the results are fantastic. I purchased my machine new, and it has never given me a moments trouble. I can highly recommend the B77 Mk 2. You will love it.
Dan...Sounds great for doing your own recordings. But how about TTP subscription titles? I read the North American version of the B77 mkII & PR99 mkIII can be internally reconfigured to 15ips for compatibility with TTP subscription titles but you lose the recording function.

I'm still trying to get my head around the recording & media formats...

I guess if I am to go to the trouble of finding a good specimen that can be powered here without step down, (it seems some do have voltage selection), I would want it to serve both purposes. So far it seems that the A810 fits the bill but gosh with what's around would surely require a complete overhaul. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in the know that can point me towards a good refurb.

I have come across a couple of NOS B77 mkII units. A seller on eBay even claims to have one for sale.

Last edited by MyPal; 06-26-2012 at 10:34 AM.