View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khashmi View Post
Yea, that’s why I pulled the trigger—ton’s of good reviews as one of the best new production Gold Lion tubes out there. Upscale Audio (where I got it from) is recommending a 100 hr burn in based on feedback they have received from their customers. I have also heard at least 50 on one site. Seems like par for the course.

One idiotic thing I did is when I removed the RCA 807’s from their adapter, I forgot to first detach the top plate cover and with the force I applied, the top cap snapped the top plate cover right off. I can plop it back on but not sure if it’s safe to put it back on in the amp.
Oh man that sucks. I have 3 807 tubes with problem caps. 2 are loose and one came off completely. I'll glue the loose ones back on, that should be fine. The problem is that the wire coming out of the top of the tube is actually soldered. If the cap comes off that tells me that the solder joint was broken as well. I'm not sure if the remaining wire is long enough to resolder. My Cossor tubes are about $50 a piece so maybe worth trying to save but I'm not motivated enough to try right now. Not sure I would bother for less expensive tubes.