View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 09:04 AM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Thanks Joe and Turntable. The Premier 8A's are, of course, classically great c-j amplifiers. I'll probably send the GAT in for the upgrade but need to save a spot in the budget for it. Also, what do I do while it's away? Sonos in the TV room just doesn't get it for good music.

Decided on the stereo ART 150 in part due to the summer heat here in Florida making four more KT 150s a bit less attractive. (and of course the cost difference). Now running half the tubes vs. the LP140Ms. The Amp continues to improve with time. More attractive balance in the sound.

Don't know why but the gain comes on a bit differently with this amplifier vs. the LP's on the P350. The ART150 is somehow a better match for the GAT Pre. It was hard to turn the previous amplifiers down enough. Even at "1" on the GAT volume control, there was still a good bit of sound. This amplifier is much quieter at the low and lower mid settings but when turned up it's scary loud. Another nice change.
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer

Last edited by Coppy; 02-04-2018 at 10:42 AM.