View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick U View Post
You hit the nail on the head, I’m happy with the sound of the 452 but also curious about the Legacy amps. I’m guessing one could expect more detail with a good digital amp. I’ve been timid about components that reveal more detail because I was afraid the music would be presented in a way that’s fatiguing or too sterile. So far, Ive been wrong about this. When I moved to a good linear power supply for the wavelet, my first impression was “to clean” but my impression changed, or maybe the power supply did some breaking in, or I just got used to it. Anyway I now love the sound. The next move was to a better Dac and again worried more detail would be too clean and again I was wrong. My amp and speakers really do make some beautiful midrange but if I get the opportunity to compare another amp in the system I’ll probably do so just to feel what signature the Mc is adding.
The Legacy amps will pass through exactly what they are sent and do not seem so far to color or inject harshness like a few Class D amps still do these days. If there is a bit too much upper end detail/briliance due to the increased resolution, etc...you can also have 1 of 8 different saved contour sets of your own making with the Wavelet to make small tweaks on the to some or all of the many parametricEQ groups. Personally I find a group of settings that covers 95% of all music, and don't mess around too much as there are so many degrees of freedom you could almost drive yourself nuts. "KISS" principle, just enjoy the music :-)

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 01-09-2022 at 09:18 AM.