View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 05:03 PM
Member of the Music Squad

I received a LM 845 Premium about 6 months ago. It’s one of the finest amps I’ve owned, very musical, yet very detailed, excellent stage.

I swapped the stock tubes with a pair of ACME 845, a pair of Elrog 300B (even better than the ACME 300B which I also tried), and a pair of Psvane WE A310. I did not change the premium Linlai 12AX7 small tubes in the pre section yet as they sound good enough, but I’ll keep an eye for a pair of Telefunken or Mullard.

Amongst the speakers I own the 845P can easily drive the Sonus Faber Elipsa (91 dB/4 ohms), excellent match with the Audio Note AN/E SPe HE (reported 97.5 dB/6 ohms) especially for classical music, but more surprisingly also a pretty decent match with both the ProAc SM100 (88 dB/8 ohms), and even the Harbeth 30s series (85 db/6 ohms) although I prefer solid state power amplification for those. Absolute no go with planars such as the Magnepan 1.7i

I would assume that the Tannoys would be a very decent match.
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser