View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 12:25 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemHadar View Post
There is no chasm between the Audeze LCD XC and Apple Airpods Max…it might as well be the distance between the Earth and the Moon.

I use the Airpods Max for viewing YouTubes on my iPad when my better half watches content on the big screen. The noise cancellation is actually quite impressive. However they are not that comfortable for big heads (they barely fit) and in that regard are bested by the much heavier Audeze cans.

IMHO When it comes to “audiophile” listening, for the price, the Airpods Max fail miserably.
They sound dead overall, muffled in the midrange, and no energy in the treble.

For my use case they are effective. Unfortunately their fancy looks don’t translate into a comfortable wear.

As always…YMMV

Very helpful Jacques!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables