View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
Before 2020, Wilson was becoming very predictable in the order/ spacing of new releases. The added new product categories, our incredible growth, and to a much lesser degree, supply chain issues since then have changed that.

What I can say is that you will continue to see new products from Wilson Audio at a regular pace. They just may not be what, when, or in the order expected based on past models.
Hanson, the other thing Bill did not mention is the significant difference in the price of the improved DAW, when and if there is one, which I think if you read between the lines of what he is saying, may be a long time off.

Take the Alexx V vs. the Alexx. Yes, it is a significantly better speaker but at a significantly higher price. If you put the new tweeter in the DAW, the new DAW would not outperform the original Alexia in overall sonics. Yes, it might be marginally better in some areas.

In sum, your concern about the new DAW is somewhat of a straw man concern, IMO and Wilson could certainly increase current prices of all models. We are going through inflation at unprecedented levels.

I personally would buy the DAW. It has Dave Wilson's name on it. It may be a long time for an upgrade and then at a very significant increase in price.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 04-30-2022 at 12:50 PM.