Thread: QHW The Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 11:55 PM
Retired

DHL let me know that the QHW arrives on Monday, the 27th.

Fred - I've never owned a DAC (other than the ones inside my CDPs) or done any streaming. I'm 90%+ analog (vinyl & FM radio). My Oppo mostly just sits there wanting to be played. I bought an Intel NUC with a 1TB SSD and have never done more than take it out of the box and put it back. I did rip all my CDs (~900) to FLAC files the winter of '19/20. And, some year, when life becomes so boring that I want to kill myself, I might try all that "digital stuff". But, as long as there are good FM stations, good cartridges and good books left to read...............

Seriously, I really should read the manual for the Oppo. I think it could do about anything one would need to get started in digital with the NUC & Samsung tablet & Roon. Craig (crwilli) has been very generous with his time & info on getting started. And, I've been telling myself for 2yr+......... some day. But for now I'm spoiled with what I've got. Especially as the QHW allows me to connect both of my TTs at the same time, essentially giving me 4 inputs on the INT-25 rather than 3.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag